We’ve been travelling and taking tours for over 4 years now and more and more we’re using GetYourGuide to reliably get us to the places we want to go, on the day that fits with our schedule. We’re savvy travellers and we like a bargain, so why, and when, do we use GetYourGuide to book the tours and experiences we need? Also, why is GetYourGuide often our first port of call when researching what to do in a new global location? We present you with a GetYourGuide review to help you decide if this is the reliable tour company you should use, information on Get Your Guide Dubai and Vietnam along with Get Your Guide Harry Potter Tours. Other tour companies and online providers exist, but GetYourGuide is the one we use most often.
Here’s a video we made of out GetYourGuide tour from Saigon, Vietnam
- GetYourGuide Review
- Why Did We Start Using GetYourGuide?
- Why We Prefer Guided Tours to Going Independently?
- What Sort of Tours, Attractions and Activities Can you Book Through GetYourGuide?
- What Countries Does GetYourGuide Cover?
- Is GetYourGuide Cheaper Than or More Expensive Than , Booking Locally?
- GetYourGuide Discount Codes and Vouchers
- Advantages of Using GetYourGuide
- Using GetYourGuide to Research Tours Available in Holiday Locations
- Tours for Children on GetYourGuide ( These Make Great Gifts!)
- Find Tours and Things to Do on GetYourGuide Here
- Picked for you!
Why Did We Start Using GetYourGuide?
In Dubai several years ago we badly wanted to get out to the desert to enjoy dinner, belly dancing, camels and the whole Dubai desert experience. Dubai has limited local shops and agencies arranging tours and we all know that booking tours through your hotel is generally a bad, and expensive, idea. Nobody wants to pay the hotel an extra commission, right? Also they won’t be impartial, they’ll sometimes sell you a tour based on which tour agency gives them the fattest cut. It was then that we discovered GetYourGuide Dubai and booked our first tour, a Dubai desert safari evening tour . This tour was one of our best travel experiences ever and since then we’ve looked out for similar tours to book and enjoy, we’ve actually taken this camel safari tour twice, it was so good we did it again 2 years later, again booked through GetYourGuide for convenience, ease, value and peace of mind.
Example tours for Dubai, from Get Your Guide:
- Abu Dhabi Full day Sightseeing Tour from Dubai
- Dubai Red Dunes Desert Safari, BBQ, Facon and Sandboarding and Camel Ride
- Afternoon Dubai Desert Safari and BBQ Dinner
Just a few days ago, here in Vietnam, we took another GetYourGuide tour, as their guests, and enjoyed another fantastic full day tour on the Cu Chi Tunnels and Cao Dai Temple out of Saigon. We know Vietnam, we know how to arrange tours locally in Vietnam, yet we took up GetYourGuide’s offer for peace of mind and to be 100% sure we’d have the tour we wanted on our 1 free day in Saigon, with a quality operator, at a decent price. See our full Vietnam travel blog and guide here.
We plan to use Get Your Guide again and again as we continue to explore the world with our children. We are not rich tourists, we are not those money-is-no-object people, we like to find travel bargains and we are travel professionals . Booking tours online is a good choice or we wouldn’t do it and we wouldn’t endorse GetYourGuide. All views are entirely our own and we have not been asked to write this post by the company.
Why We Prefer Guided Tours to Going Independently?
I am outsourcing the kids’ education, a good guide and a different adult voice can usually make the children pay attention and soak up more information than I can. Also it’s nice to meet new people and be in a small group sometimes. It suits us,it’s what we enjoy and we think, the best way to get real value out of the places we visit.
What Sort of Tours, Attractions and Activities Can you Book Through GetYourGuide?
Half day tours, full day tours, 2 day tours, 1 week tours, airport transfers, ferries, cooking courses, tickets for events, food tours, if it’s available, you’re quite likely to find it on GetYourGuide.
What Countries Does GetYourGuide Cover?
The question should really be what countries don’t they cover. All usual holiday hot spots are listed along with many obscure and unusual destinations. We’ve had great results in Dubai in particular, where booking tours locally is often difficult.
Is GetYourGuide Cheaper Than or More Expensive Than , Booking Locally?
This depends on you. Are you good at finding a bargain? Can you haggle prices down effectively? Do you want extras such as food and pick ups included in your tour. It’s impossible to know for sure here as comparing like with like can be tricky. On our recent Vietnam tour for instance I bet everyone on that bus had paid a different price. Our tour was the only one that had all admission charges, food and drink already included, yet the price was great. No stress, no extras, no cash. Not all GetYourGuide tours are like this, on some you will have to pay extra for some things, but what’s included and what’s not is clearly marked out in the tour description. Make sure you check this section thoroughly before booking as conditions vary.
Get Your Guide Price Guarantee
If you can find an activity or tour cheaper elsewhere, just tell Get Your Guide about it an they’ll cover the difference, no questions asked.
GetYourGuide Discount Codes and Vouchers
I’m not aware of any special discount codes or vouchers for GetYourGuide at present. If they arise, I’ll let our followers know in our weekly updates ( you need to sign up to receive these.)
Advantages of Using GetYourGuide
- Make your life easy. Touring local agencies on arrival can eat your time on vacation. Book in advance, from home and just enjoy your holiday once you arrive overseas.
- Scheduling. If time in your destination is short make sure your tour isn’t fully booked, or unavailable, on your exact dates. Know what you’ll be doing on each day and don’t risk disappointment.
- Avoid scams. Unscrupulous local agents can take tourists for every cent if they aren’t familiar with local prices, currencies and the requirement to bargain or haggle. Pay a fix, fair price in advance.
- Find the right tour. On the get your guide website you’ll find tours you never imagined existed. If you’re looking for a cookery tour there may be 10 different versions. There may be tours to nearby places that you didn’t dream possible to visit. You can book exactly the right tour for your needs.
- Have a big company behind you. In the same way that we always book hotels and accommodation through the big online booking engines, we like having the support and re-assurance of a big company behind us should anything go wrong.
Using GetYourGuide to Research Tours Available in Holiday Locations
A little trick we’ve picked up over the last 4 years of travel, if we’re heading somewhere new and want to find out what there is to do locally, we can search GetYourGuide for our location and dates and instantly review a list of possible tours and attractions. Narrow the list down using filters such as ” food and culinary” in the left hand side-bar to tailor your search results to your needs. Our list will appear with prices, anything seasonal or otherwise unavailable will be automatically removed, it’s a great way to find tours on vacation.
Tours for Children on GetYourGuide ( These Make Great Gifts!)
Here’s another tip for using GetYourGuide, just enter the word “children” as your location and every child focused tour GetYourGuide offers globally will appear. These include such things as tickets to zoos or theme parks which can be great gifts for kids or families.
Want to be destination specific? Enter, for example, “children London” . Many things to do, for children, in London will appear along with prices. Add dates to your search term and you can find out, for example, what’s available over the Christmas holidays.
Tours suitable for children suitable as gifts from Get Your Guide:
- Harry Potter Warner Bros Studio Tour and Transfer (London)
- London Harry Potter Tour 2.5 hours.
- Taronga Zoo Sydney tickets
- Legoland Dubai Tickets
Isn’t that genius? You’ll find things to do you didn’t dream existed, museum tours in Italian, Paddington Bear tours, Harry Potter tours, theatre tickets and dining packages. It’s a super cool resource if you know how to use it.
Find Tours and Things to Do on GetYourGuide Here
Click through here to browse GetYourGuide website or check out some of the options below.
GetYourGuide Review to save to Pinterest
We hope you found our GetYourGuide Review useful, as I said, we only deal in genuine reviews and experiences on this site, I have in no way been influenced to write nice things about them. We enjoy using them, we do use them, we will continue to use them. If you’d like to click through to their site and start researching tours and things to do in your location, you can do it here.