If you travel extensively, as we do, it’s quite likely that you get your kicks from experiences rather than things.
It goes with the territory, people like us are far more likely to funnel their cash into air tickets than a new TV. There’s no rightor wrong to it, it’s just the way we roll.
Buying gifts for travellers is often hard, we have no need of much “stuff” and no way of carrying most things. I already wrote a post featuring some possible gifts for travelling families and children based on the items we need on the road, but if you don’t know exactly what that family needs, your money could be wasted.
We recently enjoyed the gift of a half-day experience, a trip to the top of London’s iconic Shard building, followed by a lovely waterside lunch nearby. I have to say, as a busy, travelling mum, that it was one of the nicest gifts I’ve ever received.
But don’t restrict these gift experiences to travellers, it’s now known that experiences make for a happier life than things, so what’s stopping you? If you have a gift buying opportunity coming up, be it a wedding, graduation, birthday, Christmas, Mother’s Day or just a big Thank You! Buy an experience.
Why is A Gift Experience So Lovely?
- It takes the pressure of, for a half day or longer, you don’t have to think about what to do next or make any decisions, you just do as you’re told and forget organisation. It’s a gift of relaxation and luxury.
- You get to do things that maybe you couldn’t afford, or would have to carefully consider before pulling out the credit card.
- An experience gift may give the recipient a nudge to try something they’ve always liked the idea of, but never quite got around to trying.
- Adding a lunch, drinks or dinner to a short experience makes the day extra special, food and drink are always gladly received.
- These gifts can make a particular experience far easier on the traveller. I know, for example, we were wondering how to achieve a visit to the Taj Mahal from Delhi, if we’d been able to take this gift experience during our recent month in India, our day would have been fully organised for us, including guides and transport. That would have been so nice!
Tinggly Offer Gift Experiences All Over The World.
When I say all over the world, I really mean it. The Tinggly map it is dotted with special gift experiences from Norway to New Zealand.
At the moment Tinggly offer 360 experiences in 80 countries, they include such gems as:
- Crocodile Feeding in Australia
- Our View From The Shard Experience, with Lunch or Dinner, in London
- A Kerala Houseboat Backwaters Cruise in India
- A Vintage Biplane Flight Over Dracula’s Tomb in Romania
- A Rocky Mountain Zipline Adventure in the USA
- A 2 Hour Beginners Diving Experience in Spain
There is a gift experience to suit all tastes and locations.
A beautiful way to give a Tinggly gift to your loved ones is to buy a Tinggly Gift Box, this gives the recipient credits to use against an experience of their choice, anywhere in the world. You don’t have to worry about travel plans changing with this option. As I mentioned before, we originally anticipated taking our gift experience in India, but circumstances forced us back to London. Tinggly have situations like that covered with their Gift Box.
Visit the Tinggly website to see how it works or call them, on +44 20 3129 5860